The requirement for ARC Eaves Insulator elevated from the problem of heat loss through the roof membrane at the junction between the pitched roof and the top of the cavity wall. The nature of the shape of this part of the dwelling lends itself to difficulties in access for construction workers to provide adequate and consistent insulation to prevent heat loss. Traditional methods of filling this ‘triangular cavity’ are to apply a mineralfibre product manually over the ceiling trusses, forcing it into the narrow gap at this junction. This method of filling this ‘triangular cavity’ can be problematic for the construction worker. Calculating the amount of mineral fibre required is difficult and knowing how much compression is required to achieve an effective fill results in inconsistencies in insulation and therefore the heat loss achieved.
- Ensures junction detail between wall plate and ceiling is fully insulated
- Resolves traditional cold spot at difficult to reach triangular cavity
- Provides ventilation opening of 10,000mm2/m
- Available to fit 600mm rafter centres
- Can be used in conjunction with all ventilated facia and soffit designs
- Housebuilder Product of the Year 2019