is a hydrophilic strip waterstop and is a formulated blend of sodium bentonite & butyl rubber. ActiStop is an active waterstop which reacts with water to seal construction joints within concrete. The seal resists hydrostatic pressure, stopping the passage of water through the joint. Due to the sodium bentonite content on contact with water ActiStop will swell within its confinement, self-injecting into localised honeycombing & minor fissures. ActiStop is an active waterstop designed to replace passive PVC/Rubber waterbars, without the need for pre-formed intersections, split forming or seam welding. ActiStop is manufactured in coil sizes designed for single operative installation.
ActiStop can be applied to concrete, steel or pipe(PVC). Coil ends are butt jointed (not overlapped) to form a continuous waterstop.
- Construction joints in in-situ reinforced concrete structures
- New to existing concrete construction
- Pipe penetrations – wall & floor
- Irregular surfaces
- Box out penetrations & remedial sections
- Non-dimensional swell allows complete injection to surrounding voids
- Conformable – can be applied to a range of irregular substrates
- Resists in excess of 6 bar (60m) hydrostatic pressure
- Swelling many times more than its dry volume to form in-penetrable gel
- Simple butt jointing on site application
- Reproducible swell after wet-dry cycle
- Unaffected by freeze/thaw cycling
Packaging & System Ancillaries
- ActiStop – 25mm x 20mm x 5m coils 30m per box. Box weight 27kg.
- ActiMesh – 90 No. 340mm lengths (3 No. bundles of 30), 30.6m per box. Nails included.
- ActiFix – Moisture cure adhesive suitable for damp surfaces.